Categories
  • TIMELINE

HP 310 Curing Error fans staying on

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:19 pm

HP 310 Curing Error fans staying on

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help. Came in today and switched the printer on and the fans would not go off. I tried printing something to see if this would stop it but i got this error code. 16.4:10

Class curing
Subclass: System
Description: Curing Module 1 (right-to-left) Fault
Error: curing module 1 fault
Define: DRACO_CURING_SYSTEM_MODULE1_FAULT
ERROR: 0X11001005

I turned the machine off and then got the error for module 2

What causes these faults and what are the fixes?

Also does anyone know what the service menu code is?
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 am

Re: HP 310 Curing Error fans staying on

Hi James

Yes had exactly the same fault myself a couple weeks back, its the number 1 fan that needs replacing and parts are very scarce so hopefully you still have hp cover.

Personally I'm almost certain it was caused by a firmware update as it came up right after and stopped all prints a little way in.

You will need to log a fault with HP, take a piccy of the screen ready to quote engineer when they call.

Kev
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi Mate,

Your right it was a firmware update. I am out of warranty.

Who fixed your machine?

Thanks
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Art Systems who are HP's UK appointed warranty provider but they had to raise hell to get the part as it was on a 7 week delay (guess they've triggered a few with this) its funny though how they released another version of firmware just after.

Are you running at all or just getting the error?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Kevin Busby wrote:Art Systems who are HP's UK appointed warranty provider but they had to raise hell to get the part as it was on a 7 week delay (guess they've triggered a few with this) its funny though how they released another version of firmware just after.

Are you running at all or just getting the error?

It runs but fans make a loud noise, when you then try to print it comes up error 16:41.10
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:21 pm

I do not have a printer but I need to ask the question as this is my next investment.

If the company's update is causing a known issue to their hardware ( the printer) surely they have a responsibility to replace the parts that are affected. In or out of warranty.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Iain George wrote:I do not have a printer but I need to ask the question as this is my next investment.

If the company's update is causing a known issue to their hardware ( the printer) surely they have a responsibility to replace the parts that are affected. In or out of warranty.

I have spoken with art systems and they are off to speak to HP as this issue happened straight after a firmware update also. Too much of a coincidence. As it happened straight after the update.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:49 am

Yes its amazing how these things happen and im sure we are not the only ones hence the lack of parts available for them.

One thing you could try is a cold restart, shut down, pull the leads out the back of the printer for 60 seconds and then power up again, this got rid of the initial error for me and got me printing again, although I still got the odd one every now and then so wouldn't do to many long runs in case it cuts out mid print. Hopefully this might get your printing agian.

Kev
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Kevin Busby wrote:Yes its amazing how these things happen and im sure we are not the only ones hence the lack of parts available for them.

One thing you could try is a cold restart, shut down, pull the leads out the back of the printer for 60 seconds and then power up again, this got rid of the initial error for me and got me printing again, although I still got the odd one every now and then so wouldn't do to many long runs in case it cuts out mid print. Hopefully this might get your printing again.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply, I have been in touch with Art Systems and they are doing their best for me. But at the same time they have said they take care of all th3 300 series and only me and you have had a issue. But at the same time how many people have actually updated as the update only came out a couple of weeks ago. I will take it further if they do not take ownership as, I never wrote anything about a firmware update in my initial post and the problem occurred straight after the update. It updated restarted and then the problem occurred and it is clearly something to do with the update as the printer worked amazing before that. The log will clearly show this and I will not accept is on a off chance we both get the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Guys don't know if this may be of any help to you

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/publ ... kc-0111248

Kev
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link but that is the 3000 series and not the 300 series. Plus I don't want to touch it myself as if HP don't except this has something to do their firmware update then I will take further action.

Thanks For your help though much appreciated

Return to HP Printers