my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Hi from South Wales

<<

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi from South Wales

I posted a fairly lengthy 'hello' post last night and it has disappeared so I guess it broke the rules in some way (oops) ... so anyway, here's my new post...

Hello :)
<<

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Hi from South Wales

OK, so I'm in the mood to write a bit more again ... I guess I'll just be more vague than the first post in the hope that the forum gods don't delete it...

I am Richard, I prefer Rich. I live in South Wales near Cardiff and am currently in a transition from freelance web designer/print reseller to sign maker/vehicle wrapper.

I've had a strong interest in manufacturing and specifically sign making since school when I first encountered a vinyl cutting plotter and immediately saw the possibilities - it fascinated me. Then recently I was given some money so I invested in some equipment and materials, and started practising. I have also been lucky enough to find a fairly large unused and self contained space which I have been told I can use for free until I start making some money ... however long that may be. What's more, because the electricity hasn't yet been separated between his business and mine, I won't have to pay any utilities either ... I saw all of these things coming together as a sign (~ pun intended!) and I am literally launching my business as a sign maker now as I now feel confident enough to produce high quality work. As for the vehicle wrapping, I plan to teach myself through practise until I've got enough spare cash to do a course.

I don't want to bore you with my rambling, I'm sure as I participate more you will ask anything you'd like to know. I also want to thank and congratulate everyone on making this one of, if not THE best sign making resources on the Internet ... it really has been extremely useful for me and I will definitely be investing in a membership subscription soon so I can view the other parts of the site.

I purchased Phill Fenton's book at the end of last year and have read it cover to cover three times since then... It was well worth the money for a beginner such as I. I also went to the Sign & Digital 2015 expo in Birmingham NEC which was excellent ... I attended on Tuesday and Wednesday so I could attend all the workshops and seminars that I wanted to see, and was amazed at the size of the event when I arrived. I spoke to loads of suppliers and got a chance to see lots of products and equipment in use. I hope you can see that I am serious about becoming a sign maker at the top of my game, not just someone who thinks it's an easy and quick way to get rich.

I will be asking some questions on the forums soon so I hope you are all ready to help me straighten a few things out.

Peace out,

Rich :)
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Hiya Rich,
Welcome to the wacky world of sign making.
:thumbup2:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 am

Hí Rich,

Welcome, - I hope the enthusiasm is contagious!!

".....not just someone who thinks it's an easy and quick way to get rich."

I think you will soon realise it is not!!! :lol1:

Gil
<<

Post Thu May 07, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Rich, welcome to the boards :D.
<<

Post Fri May 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Welcome to the boards Rich, thanks for the great intro post
look forward to seeing more from you on the site mate...

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat