Categories
  • TIMELINE

JOB SHEETS

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:24 am

JOB SHEETS

Hi all,
Just wondered what the rest of you do for job sheets.
I am the worlds worst for not keeping a record of colours and prices I have charged in the past.

I have tried using the built in one in sign lab but find it useless.. have done hand written ones but can never find them when I need them.

so how do the rest of you get on???

Don't even mention Invoicing..... when am I supposed to find the time for that!!!!
Cheers Ian
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 am

Why not just type the details at the bottom your workspace in the signlab file you have open?

I have;

Customer Name:

Tele/mobile:

Date:

Price:

Metres used:

Vinyl Codes:

Job Time:

etc.

Just typed at the bottom of every file.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:47 pm

The clients details we keep on sage accounts and the vinyl code info, usage, supplier, etc same as Rod we keep it with the design. So for future reference for vinyl colour we just bring up previous design & its all there.

Carrie :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:37 am

We start a job bag. A poly pocket file insert into which a printout of everything goes. Samples of vinyl used, purchase orders for my suppliers, artwork printouts, customers business card, any stuff supplied by the customer. It's all in one place which is then filed in a one of 7 alphabetised lever arched files.

Most important thing of all...Do regular backups of your work.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:40 am

I'm with Leeroy on this. We have printed A4 Job bags and a rubber stamp with automated increment for stamping a job number.
The bag front has a drawing space on 2 thirds the rest is taken up with job information. Underneath is the Invoice address and description / price. We also ask our application lads to stick a small swatch of the vinyl used on the back along with the number.
The screen printers have a small database in in which they store their inks and materials info.
Rather than having printed job bags why don't you create a template in signlab and size it up so that the main part of your job is in the drawing space then print it out (fit to print) on white A4 envelopes - you may need an A3 printer to do this.
Also modify your invoicing database to include vital information - I have written a bespoke database, in Access, for our needs which, if I may say so myself, is pretty good.
If you would like to see a copy of our job bag let me know and I will post a jpeg of the one we use - let me know if you need any advice on your database.
Col
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:40 am

Same here Leeroy. I am looking at Claricy Professional which does quoting, links with sage and does invoicing etc but a bit pricey.

Also looked at 'T' cards for the computer a brilliant system, but I need something visual in front of me instead of hidden on the computer so I am going for the real 'T' card system on the wall. I have found a company that prints special 'T' cards to suit your work, and considering having a 'enquiry/job sheet' printed with a copy that goes to the workshop.

Cheers

Dave
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:14 am

Sounds like some pretty organised people to me...
Like the idea of making a job card in signlab and printing the whole thing to fit to page...
We do a similar thing for proofs.. we have a template and merge it into the current job then resize it to fit and print out for the customer..

Cheers for the advice
Ian
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:56 am

Work dockets & job bags

Coming from a printers workshop background, we have always printed off an A4 work docket showing customer name, addrs. description of job etc. any unusual or helpful info that may be useful (if we remember to type it in??!!) price workings are usually scribled on the back - this docket then goes into a clear poly wallet which is stuck onto an envelope or larger bag where we keep all the scraps of paper that the customer supplied us with their drawings and scribbles reffering to their job - All dockets are numbered so we can keep a record of the job - We currently use FileMaker Pro for the data base and form design - excellent package but is pricey.

I also use a T-card system with the customers name and job reference - Being a printers we make them ourselves, we don't need to print on them though, just the Customers name and job Number. and perhaps a red dot sticker to go on if the jobs urgent?! - these go on the office wall and are in my face every day reminding me that I am several days behind schedule as usual (!) :o -

Gary
<<

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:51 am

Job Sheets

We use SIGNTIFIC - a great product. It records costings, quotations, purchase orders, production orders, job sheets and invoicing
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:44 am

Colin:

If you would like to see a copy of our job bag let me know and I will post a jpeg

All I can picture is a wash bag hanging on a line

Yes I've been at the Harveys tonight *drink*

John

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat