my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Help sourcing A Boards Trade Supplier, please?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am

Help sourcing A Boards Trade Supplier, please?

Hi
Does anyone know of a Trade UK manufacturer of the Aluminium Snap Frame A Boards (preferably A1 / A2) please?

Rang loads of (so called) trade companies, who tell me that everyone buys them in from the same UK manufacturer, but of course they can't tell me who the manufacturer is..

These prices range from over £100 for an A1 Sized board to below £35.00 ( one young lady did let slip they buy them in for around the £20.00 mark) from the same manufacturer that everyone buys them in from...I think everyone has taken a blood oath not to ever divulge the name of this manufaturer or unspeakable things will happen to them...

If anyone is brave enough to let me know, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 pm

:o
<<

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Not trying to sound funny but "would you tell your customer who you buy your materials from at a fraction of the price your charging them?" :D

try UKPOS - UK Point Of Sale...
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

signwaves plenty of room for mark up :D
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Rob, you are quite right regarding retail customers, but if someone in this forum asked me where I have found the cheapest genuine Roland ink cartridges, or cheapest sign vinyl etc, I would gladly let them have as much information as I could, not to worry, I'll keep on searching and if I do find this elusive manufacturer I'll let everyone on the forum know.

Thanks John, I'll check sign waves out.

Cheers
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Try Premier point of sale , ask for Simon , he owns iit.

Cheers
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:43 am

would the manufacturer be willing to sell singles or small numbers.

That's why we buy of certain suppliers, they buy in bulk which the manufacturer likes, they get discount for buying in bulk which is their profit.

As a signmaker I don't want to hold large numbers of stock, so I have to buy of the middleman.

As long as he's selling cheaper to me than the public I'm happy.

Rotosigns make a boards and sell direct to the signmaker, snap frames I recon are a different kettle of fish

Denise x
<<

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 am

Steve Pearce wrote:Hi Rob, you are quite right regarding retail customers, but if someone in this forum asked me where I have found the cheapest genuine Roland ink cartridges, or cheapest sign vinyl etc, I would gladly let them have as much information as I could, not to worry, I'll keep on searching and if I do find this elusive manufacturer I'll let everyone on the forum know.

Steve, if someone asks me the best place i have found to source whatever, "i would tell them too", its part of what this forum is about. Helping each other...
but what you said is you called and asked a supplier of the product, who their source was?

my advice given was UKPOS who is also my source for same.
alternatively you could try www.alibaba.com
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 am

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and Rob you are quite right, I can understand the suppliers not wanting to give away their suppliers details.

I suppose it's because I deal with a lot of struggling local one man (and woman) businesses and I'm forever trying to get their price as low as possible to help them out, because a very long time ago I was in a similar position.

The biggest mystery I suppose is the secret manufacturer of these boards, who doesn't seem to advertise anywhere, in the trade magazines, in the Sign Directory or even on the internet....think of the business he is missing out on...lol
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Our suppliers are probably purchasing them from the manufacturer, and our suppliers are probably buying 20+ of various types a month.

I personally would rather print 1000 stickers for a 'distributor' than have a 1000 individual customers call up for a single sticker.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Steve

If i may be so bold we come to the heart of the problem, and it is not where the parts originate from it is and I quote :D

I suppose it's because I deal with a lot of struggling local one man (and woman) businesses and I'm forever trying to get their price as low as possible to help them out, because a very long time ago I was in a similar position.

So i respectfully suggest you work out a fair price based on your overheads and if they cant/dont want to pay (dont want to properly invest in their own business) its their loss because you can find someone who does :D

Kind regards - John
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:23 pm

brownings ltd
5 Williamson Street, Hull, HU9 1ER
+44 1482 380900
www.browningsltd.co.uk
www.the-signmakers.com

Return to General Sign Topics