my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Avery Blue Chrome Conform - Wrapped Audi A6

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Avery Blue Chrome Conform - Wrapped Audi A6

Hello fellow members, we'd like to show you our recent creation utilising the new ASW Blue Conform Chrome.

We took our company Audi A6 and wrapped it using Avery Conform Chrome along with ASWF Matt Night Navy Blue and some Gloss White.

Now this is quite a difficult car to chop up and with only 9 meters of Chrome we think we've done well. Question is do you think it could have been done differently?

We enjoyed working on this one, hope you like the images.

Anth
Attachments
Custom Coats_7649_Daniel Romani - Subtle Sensor Photography.jpg
Custom Coats__Daniel Romani - Subtle Sensor Photography-2.jpg
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 am

Very nice.......I like it.

John
<<

Post Sun May 04, 2014 12:09 pm

looks good Anthony, a bit different from the norm, nice one mate...
thanks for taking the time to post up your work, much appreciated.

where did you find the most difficult areas to wrap with the chrome or was it all there about?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun May 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Found it very easy Rob because were brilliant! Lol

If I have to give feedback

No. 1 Role sizes, Avery should consider doing a 1520mm role instead 1220, this would be a big advantage across bonnets and vehicle height on some models!

No. 2 on this model A6 the door handles are not really up for removal like some BMW/Mercs or newer Audi, so fitting can require extra time in comparison to say other products on market

No.3 when cutting with Scalpel or Knifless tape the material has a white edge, this is surely just down to its make-up, no easy to disguise if any inlays,

Also think re sellers could consider selling this by the meter as its only available at present in 9 or 18mtr lengths, if something was to go wrong it would be expensive at £100 a meter +Vat

This is my experience and my opinion as a first time user of this product but still fantastic and does its purpose and creates that wow factor that paint can't achieve.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun May 04, 2014 1:51 pm

First thought was why 9 mtrs, I would have bought the 18 mtrs & done the full car, OK double the expense but this is a sales tool so should pay for itself without any problems.
Then I noticed your comment about the width of the roll, it wouldn't have been possible to do it all in the chrome without some noticeable joins with a roll size of 1220 would it ?
Don't do any wrapping myself which is why I am asking.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun May 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi Martin, No with a 1220 role your on borderline to achieve full side height wise (Sill to Roof line) we designed the car best possible using 3 colours/finishes to make the most of the 9meters.
<<

Post Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm

I think the rolls come in 9m and 18m increments Anthony.
But I am sure you can buy any wrap media in the Avery or Oracal range in 1 metre increments from Paperlinx. I am guessing this might be because yours has come direct from Holland, because i think it will be another fortnight before Paperlinx stock it. But i do agree anything more than a metre increment at £100 wouldn't be good if there was a patch requirement.

Your right on the make-up of the media creating that little hairline whisp of white. it did the same on the chrome i used at Fespa when trimming with a knife!

I have a chrome black car to do next week followed by another in a few weeks time.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun May 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Wish I could help out Rob, we enjoyed working with it. Its a good product, and chuffed we were given the opprtunity to get it first hand from Paperlinx to showcase.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Mon May 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Looks great Anthony. Like the different finishes.

Am sure it will be sold by the metre.

Very few manufacturers of this film hence at present no 1520mm wide , would be a massive investment to make.

Cheers

PS more pics if possible please , great for PR.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon May 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Cameron, yip mor photos available. ;-)
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon May 05, 2014 6:23 pm

A grand job matey!

Very professional nice to know we still have people delivering fine wrapping!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 am

Great job Anthony.

We have a chrome gold 4 series full wrap coming up in the coming weeks and we are thinking of using the Avery conform chrome.

Just a quick question, when you came to post heating, how did it react? What temperature did you use? As reading the technical data on Avery, they are saying to only use low heat else it will discolour.

Thanks

Jonathan
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi, we found that warming large area with low-medium heat worked best for us, do not attempt to pull! We experienced slight discolouration , possible down to being a tad heavy fingered, use plenty material on Conform Chrome, best advice we were given from the one and only Mr Lambie is to practice your corners first with a small A5 pieces !!!! ASW Conform Chrome is a different beast to ASW Vinyl. We're passing that advice onto you, good luck and post your images up guys ;-)
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:08 pm

nice one Anthony i like it
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Anthony Coats wrote:Hi, we found that warming large area with low-medium heat worked best for us, do not attempt to pull! We experienced slight discolouration , possible down to being a tad heavy fingered, use plenty material on Conform Chrome, best advice we were given from the one and only Mr Lambie is to practice your corners first with a small A5 pieces !!!! ASW Conform Chrome is a different beast to ASW Vinyl. We're passing that advice onto you, good luck and post your images up guys ;-)

Cheers for the help Anthony. Pictures shall follow soon once we have completed the job.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:53 pm

That's going to be an expensive roll of vinyl!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Quick question, does anyone on the forum stock the avery conform chrome gold or know anywhere that does in the UK. Looking at Metro Restyling for just shy of £70 a metre.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 am

Jonathan Burke wrote:Quick question, does anyone on the forum stock the avery conform chrome gold or know anywhere that does in the UK. Looking at Metro Restyling for just shy of £70 a metre.

Is 1220 wide going to be enough for a full wrap? Have you tried RHG or what ever they are called now as they do Avery films.
Don't forget you will have to add shipping & import duty to your 70 squids a mtr from the States.
<<

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Jonathan Burke wrote:Quick question, does anyone on the forum stock the avery conform chrome gold or know anywhere that does in the UK. Looking at Metro Restyling for just shy of £70 a metre.

You can buy Avery Conform Chrome from Paperlinx.

I am sure i have covered this exact same question about a year ago, and from the same supplier. regardless, i will stick my neck out and say, "if you are so focused on tightening your prices on only 20 metres of the media required to do a job, that you are prepared to buy it in from the states. i recon you have your overall price to your customer wrong".
no matter what wrap you do or the materials required. the cost of the media should fall into insignificance if priced correct.

Return to Gallery