Categories
  • TIMELINE

Banner Hemming machine advice

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Banner Hemming machine advice

Hi all,

We do 2-3 (yes... only 2-3!) banners a month and currently use tape to hem them. I need to make a stronger hem due to the size of one of the banners we need to make (15m x 1m) and was looking in to the Chinese £400 touch machines... like this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAT-JOINER-P ... 3f18197b15

Does anyone have any experience of how good or bad they are?

Or a machine they want to sell ?

Any experiences much appreciated.

Simon.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:27 pm

STAY CLEAR FROM SIGNZWORLD & UK Cutter

Oh it is them from Birmingham... My only advice would be to stay clear, we purchased one of there heat presses, worst mistake I have ever made. Just before Xmas I was using the heatpress when the wires from the back decided to show bare and touched the metal frame which resulted in me receiving an electric shock.

I have contacted Signzworld, UK Cutter or whatever else they want to call themselves, I have sent them a few emails never had a reply, called them never answered the phone, and even wrote on there forum to warn others but this was never published. the items they sell are not fit for purpose, typical Chinese junk I suppose. Please dont get me wrong there are some great items produced from china, but not from these.

I have tried several times since to make contact I just never get a response.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 pm

If you are happy gambling that you will not be killed before you finish the banner then £400 isn't that bad a price.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 am

Re: STAY CLEAR FROM SIGNZWORLD & UK Cutter

TonyB wrote:Oh it is them from Birmingham... My only advice would be to stay clear, we purchased one of there heat presses, worst mistake I have ever made. Just before Xmas I was using the heatpress when the wires from the back decided to show bare and touched the metal frame which resulted in me receiving an electric shock.

I have contacted Signzworld, UK Cutter or whatever else they want to call themselves, I have sent them a few emails never had a reply, called them never answered the phone, and even wrote on there forum to warn others but this was never published. the items they sell are not fit for purpose, typical Chinese junk I suppose. Please dont get me wrong there are some great items produced from china, but not from these.

I have tried several times since to make contact I just never get a response.

I used to work with them and one of the reasons I was kicked out (after the business had been built up) was that I challenged a lot of things I saw happening when I covered for a few weeks one of the lads who worked there. (I never saw what was happening for the first 18 moths I did all the support remotely) They made up CE certificates, the heat presses are not fit for purpose and seemed to have got worse as they sold more and needed more quickly.

Those sealers they had six and managed to get ONE working which came back after 3 days.

They have sacked anyone who challenges things based on safety and recently lost their last engineer who knew anything. How they dont get back feedback on ebay I dont know. I know they used to pay people off...sort of bribe to remove feedback etc but ebay dont care about shill bidding so I guess they must be assisting the feedback removal.

Trading standards dont seem to care about what they do and I am still collecting names , dates and times or the problems their customers are getting with a view to getting a higher authority involved.

If any one with safety issues would care to contact me I cant sort your problems direct as they wont even speak to me as they owe me a LOT of money. But I can log it all and perhaps save someones life one day. (If any one will listen)
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 am

Just an addition if you look at their feedback and see how many Neutrals they have that should be negative it gives you some idea of what goes on and this is the best comment I have seen lol

Follow up by g***a (31-Oct-13 08:40):
Staff are excellent, HOWEVER THE OWNER HAS A TERRIBLE ATTITUDE TOWARD CUSTOMERS!
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am

Our largest banner printed in house is 60ft x 4ft and we use banner tape for that, no problem.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Trouble with ebay is that when you recieve your order and its what you ordered and working fine, you tend to leave positive feedback within a day or two then a week or so later the things break down and you cant then leave more comments about it.

I would advise anyone not to buy any electrical products from china and more so off of ebay.

Like the old saying goes... 'You get what you pay for'

Return to General Sign Topics