• TIMELINE

Friday night rant

<<

Denise Goodfellow

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Friday night rant

It's Friday night, I should be enjoying a nice bottle of wine, instead today's events are rattling around in my head.

First thing this morning, customer who we did a sign for, asks for a4 window display posters. As he'd just spent with us I offered them at £10 each, he wanted 4! That's too much he says, i want something cheap as chips. I recommend he went to staples and get something laminated... No he says I want it to look professional......wtf.

Next guy, wants a menu designing and printing for 3 panels of his light box. Because he doesn't want to pay much, he suggested we scan in a competitors flyer, move a few bits around and then print it out...

Then 20 minutes ago, a trade customer who wants a job fitting Monday morning emails me to say the measurements he gave us for 2 window graphics are 40cm out on the height and 30cm out on the horizontal, both windows have pics an text to the max, he ends his email sorry for any inconvenience see you Monday morning.... FY!

Bring me some more bl00dy wine now
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Friday night rant

Denise Goodfellow wrote:It's Friday night, I should be enjoying a nice bottle of wine, instead today's events are rattling around in my head.

Poured myself some for you too denise! :wink: :lol1:

know the feeling only too well... :roll:
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Friday night rant

Denise Goodfellow wrote:customer who we did a sign for, asks for a4 window display posters. As he'd just spent with us I offered them at £10 each, he wanted 4! That's too much he says, i want something cheap as chips. I recommend he went to staples and get something laminated... No he says I want it to look professional......wtf.

do what i do... i smile and have a laugh with them, but at same time throw it back at them in same situation. taxi drivers are worst... "oh i want name of taxi, licence number blah blah blah... then name of my kids in nice script in this and that..."
you give price and they are like... "eh? its only sticky stuff etc"
i normally laugh and say "mate, you charge me five quid before i plank my ( oh i swore ) on your seat and tell you where i want to go, so dont give me that"
:wink:
<<

Duncan Wilkie

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:35 am

Friday the 13th with a full moon...what could go wrong? :roll:
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:45 am

Duncan Wilkie wrote:Friday the 13th with a full moon...what could go wrong? :roll:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: forgot about that. :wink:

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat