my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Which day to day Vinyl do you prefer?

<<

User avatar

3 Star Contributor

Posts: 265

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Which day to day Vinyl do you prefer?

Afternoon All!

I'm in the process of trying out a few new vinyls to see if I have stuck with a brand for too long or not etc.

What vinyls do you like and prefer to use i.e. an everyday 5yr vinyl for vans.

I'm interested to hear other views and thoughts...
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 2782

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:44 am





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Pretty much use Oracal 751 for most applications, I do have 551 in some colours, but not much. All supplied by Robert Horne.....
<<

User avatar

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Posts: 2521

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:58 pm





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:23 pm

ImagePerfect and Metamark.
<<

User avatar

2 Star Contributor

Posts: 108

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:22 pm





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I like using IP5700 from Spandex opccasionally I use Avery 800 or 900 if several curves that I can't feed the vinyl into.
<<

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 8532

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:43 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm

mostly oracle films for me,

75% 551 calendared for everyday signs, regular cut decals on vans etc, seems to last well.

some stock of 751, 851, 951 and the wrap films 941?

have got some evaery cast which seems ok but I've not been using it for long, normqally only as a colour match for 551 when OOS!

almost exclusively from RH
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 355

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:26 pm

avery 600 mostly or sometimes ritrama o-range
<<

User avatar

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Posts: 5173

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:01 pm





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm

3M 50 series. It's their calendared 5-7 year. Marginally better than the Ritrama 0 series.

Wm Smith...cuts & weeds a dream.
<<

User avatar

*****
*****

Posts: 27287

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:00 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Digital Vinyls :
Oracal & 3M

Cut Vinyl :
Oracal 751c & 551
<<

User avatar

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Posts: 1181

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 pm





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm

3m for Digital and colour wraps
Oracal 751 for the plotter.
Sharp corners are a breeze with 751, very agressive glue, and good colour range.

I bought 2 rolls of Avery cheapo display vinyl to try out for estate agents corflutes and I am quite pleased with it for the money.

Simon.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 382

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:21 am





Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:55 pm

3M for digital & wraps
Avery 700 and 3M 50 for normal work
Avery 500 for short term jobs
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 2591

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:21 pm





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:45 am

Oracol 551 & 751 along with a bit of M7 here which covers most of our needs.
<<

User avatar

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Posts: 2148

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:29 pm





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 am

JAC Serisign polymeric from Victory - Cast material Oracle 751 but I don't use that too often
Alan D
<<

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 2909

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:47 pm





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

All cut vinyl oracal 751c
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 8054

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:22 am





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Oracal 751 and 951 for signs and vehicles Oracal 651 for correx and banners.
I use the occasional Calon 2 by Arlon and I only use 3M Scotchlite for reflective.
Love....Jill
<<

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 8343

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:00 am





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 pm

551 for me as well for most of what I do, supplied by RHG
<<

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 577

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 pm





Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Interesting topic.

JAC serical for print & Cut stickers work

Ritrama 0 series for signage, but have been experimenting with MACTAC products.

Not tried 3m yet
<<

User avatar

1 Star Contributor

Posts: 36

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:31 am





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

Does anyone have experience with Hexis materials ... talked to them at FESPA and they gave a good impression.
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 7257

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 pm





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:36 pm

John O'Sullivan wrote:avery 600 mostly or sometimes ritrama o-range


Have you tried Print Solutions 'Simply Cutting Vinyl' range yet John? Nicely priced.

I use Avery almost exclusively too.
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 368

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Graeme Fletcher wrote:Does anyone have experience with Hexis materials ... talked to them at FESPA and they gave a good impression.


Yep I use their S5000 for most vehicle cut graphics,KG1000 for vehicles if its not flat panel, E3000 for Boards and internal graphics.

Also use their digital range but only just started trying them so cant comment to muh at the min.

Their customer service has always been top so far and if I get any issues with prices speak to the rep and she has always been very helpful at getting the price right.

I've used oracle 651 before but never had a source for the 551 & 751 which everyone swears by so not tried that.

Kev
<<

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 8532

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:43 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

oracle 551 mostly, still use the odd 651 & 751 when colours dictate, 951 on occasion, also their wrap colour change & cast flourescent too.

have used some hexis economy - don't lie it, cuts and weeds lovely but shrinks too much/quick. Hexis hi--tack printables are good though!

other stuff such as reflectives, sometimes oracle, sometimes top secret!
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 425

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:41 pm





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Avery all the way both digital and cut, mainly 700 series for cut.

Kind regards

Russell.
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 1401

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Harry Cleary wrote:
John O'Sullivan wrote:avery 600 mostly or sometimes ritrama o-range


Have you tried Print Solutions 'Simply Cutting Vinyl' range yet John? Nicely priced.



have you seen it a month after applying Harry??? shrinks by 3mm on a 200mm letter

Their so called 7yr polymeric digital vinyl cost me £3k to replace when is shrunk and curled up after two weeks.

two words
PURE SH!TE
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 355

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Ian Johnston wrote:
Harry Cleary wrote:
John O'Sullivan wrote:avery 600 mostly or sometimes ritrama o-range


Have you tried Print Solutions 'Simply Cutting Vinyl' range yet John? Nicely priced.



have you seen it a month after applying Harry??? shrinks by 3mm on a 200mm letter

Their so called 7yr polymeric digital vinyl cost me £3k to replace when is shrunk and curled up after two weeks.

two words

PURE SH!TE


Harry,got promo emails about simply cut vinyl and have been meaning to try it, but it looks like Ian has givin us 3000 reasons !!!not to try it :o :o :o.Curled and shrunk after two weeks is shocking bad :( :-?
<<

User avatar

3 Star Contributor

Posts: 242

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:00 am





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:57 pm

For my own work it is Oracle 551 mostly but when coating bigger panels i prefer avery 700 but my favourite vinyl is Avery 800. The 800 is great for weeding, applying and works well in some recesses.

What i dont like about oracle is the adhesive, i find it bites too quick when applying but apart from that its a very good vinyl for the price. Get all my vinyl and boards from Robert Horne.

Vic
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 7257

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 pm





Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Ian Johnston wrote:
Harry Cleary wrote:
John O'Sullivan wrote:avery 600 mostly or sometimes ritrama o-range


Have you tried Print Solutions 'Simply Cutting Vinyl' range yet John? Nicely priced.



have you seen it a month after applying Harry??? shrinks by 3mm on a 200mm letter

Their so called 7yr polymeric digital vinyl cost me £3k to replace when is shrunk and curled up after two weeks.

two words
PURE SH!TE


That's obviously why it is 'nicely priced'! Cheers Ian.
<<

User avatar

2 Star Contributor

Posts: 102

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:50 pm





Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi there i am also interested in trying a few of the mentioned vinyls please could you suggest the suppliers too, i have tried to find some on the short names given, thankyou.
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 355

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 am

Tracey Vaughan wrote:Hi there i am also interested in trying a few of the mentioned vinyls please could you suggest the suppliers too, i have tried to find some on the short names given, thankyou.


hi tracey,MDP supplies do ritrama o range not sure who supplies avery near you as were irish based maybe somebody else will be able to advise on that. :)
<<

User avatar

*****
*****

Posts: 27287

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:00 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 am

Ian Johnston wrote:
two words
PURE SH!TE


Pure... sounds worse than a contaminated batch of the brown stuff then?
and exactly how do you know pure sh!te when you see it Ian?
cut it up with a credit card on a mirror and snort a few lines? eh? eh?

your goose is cooked johnston!



too far? (puppy-eyes)
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 9788

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:58 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 am

90% Averys coloured and digital
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 1401

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 am

Robert Lambie wrote:
Ian Johnston wrote:
two words
PURE SH!TE


Pure... sounds worse than a contaminated batch of the brown stuff then?
and exactly how do you know pure sh!te when you see it Ian?
cut it up with a credit card on a mirror and snort a few lines? eh? eh?

your goose is cooked johnston!



too far? (puppy-eyes)
I live on a farm Rob, When you spread as much (oh i swore !) as i have over the years, believe me you know Pure from non pure :0
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 7257

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:56 pm

John O'Sullivan wrote:
Tracey Vaughan wrote:Hi there i am also interested in trying a few of the mentioned vinyls please could you suggest the suppliers too, i have tried to find some on the short names given, thankyou.


hi tracey,MDP supplies do ritrama o range not sure who supplies avery near you as were irish based maybe somebody else will be able to advise on that. :)


MDP...I've seen them advertising 'next day delivery to Ireland'...is that right?
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 1401

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Harry Cleary wrote:
John O'Sullivan wrote:
Tracey Vaughan wrote:Hi there i am also interested in trying a few of the mentioned vinyls please could you suggest the suppliers too, i have tried to find some on the short names given, thankyou.


hi tracey,MDP supplies do ritrama o range not sure who supplies avery near you as were irish based maybe somebody else will be able to advise on that. :)


MDP...I've seen them advertising 'next day delivery to Ireland'...is that right?


They are in Portadown Harry. so probably is
<<

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 355

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 pm

MDP...I've seen them advertising 'next day delivery to Ireland'...is that right?[/quote]

yes harry ive ordered up to 5.30pm and have it next day and to be fair have never let me down,had the odd parcel damaged and that was also sorted straight away.delivery is free with orders over £100.Fastway deliver for them in the south.
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 7257

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:31 pm

John O'Sullivan wrote:
yes harry ive ordered up to 5.30pm and have it next day and to be fair have never let me down,had the odd parcel damaged and that was also sorted straight away.delivery is free with orders over £100.Fastway deliver for them in the south.


Cheers lads, I must give them a go so.
<<

User avatar

2 Star Contributor

Posts: 102

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:50 pm





Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Already placed a order last night :lol1: looking forward to my delivery tommorow

Return to Vinyl



Who is online

Registered users:
No registered users

cron

 

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

 

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group
Site Membership
Advertising
Videos
British Signs & Graphics Assoc.

 

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Linkedin
Instagram
Pinterent

 

Who is Online

In total there are 67 users online ::
1 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests
[based on past 5 minutes]

Most users ever online was
370 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Registered users:
No registered users

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Robert Lambie