Categories
  • TIMELINE

Metamark Vinyl advice please!

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Metamark Vinyl advice please!

Hi All,
have been using image perfect vinyls and laminates, and have had a couple of problems, and am thinking of switching to metamark vinyl.
I have ordered some samples and am going to have a play with them. I have never used them before, can anyone recommend their vinyl? If so what do you use them for? Any limitations?
any help appreciated!

cheers

Dan
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Dan
We have been using MD5 for about 6 or 7 years now. I am 100% confident it. We have on a couple of occasions had issues with the backing paper tearing on the laminate while laminating but they have replaced next day.

Unless anything drastic happens we will continue to use it.

Profiles are plentiful and the service we recieve is faultless.

Cheers

Gary
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Are you looking at changing to their digital or plotter vinyl.

I've used both, at the moment I only use them for their digital vinyl (MD-5) which I use on vehicle graphics. Never had a problem, excellent service, and when an order was delayed because of the snow, they simply sent another 2 rolls out to me, and just return the excess when it arrived.

The sales Rep I have is fair, honest, and that seems to be ethics of Metamark. I just wish every supplier was like them.

I was using their plotter film (series 7) which is their better film, although now use Oracal 551 simply because I can collect from the local RHG branch saving my delivery costs.

Metamark supply quality - There's a price associated with that. But I've never found them to be overly expensive, but for the 'cheaper' jobs where quality comes after price there are other alternatives out their.

By the way I don't work for them! I really cannot find a bad word to say about them!

PS -> On one occasion we had a roll arrive damaged in transit, with aprox 5meters of the roll with a dent in the vinyl... metamark simply sent out a 5m roll FOC and was with me the next day.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Another thumbs up here. We've been using MDP for years, and more recently MD5. I have yet to find another brand which I prefer - and I've tried most of them. Any
issues, (I can count them on one hand in 7 years of use) are quickly rectified.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

dan interested to know what problems as i use IP and like it a lot compared to other i have tried
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks guys, been out fitting! Will play with the samples, when they arrive!

Chris we have had problems with the adhesive and the vinyl peeling away with IP2506 and IP2501. We are using the spandex laminate that goes with it as well (sorry dont remember the code for that one)

We also have had a couple of rolls with very waxy backing paper of Ip2511 and we find it very difficult to cut in the machine and the papers wanders as it is not gripped properly. (that was a tough one to find as we thought it was the machine)

I have been back and forth between spandex and our foam sheet supplier and neither will help, and blame each other etc so ive decided to drop both products and look for new ones. Shame because the service i have had from spandex spain has been our best to date in 14 years.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:11 pm

So what do you use guys? MD5 for vans? MD3-B for stickers etc? Do you use the metamark laminates to go with them?

David its the printables I am after, quite happy with Starex and Hexis cuttable vinyls.

cheers guys

Dan
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi Dan

Another thumbs up for Metamark printables.

Have used 100's of rolls of each and it has never let us down. We always use the matching laminate which can be printed on as well.

Takes the ink well, nice to handle, good to install. Our usage-

MD3 - used for all internal print, shorter term external.
MD5 - all non-wrap printed vehicle graphics and exterior signs *
MD5A - some printed wraps **

* We have actually white wrapped a few taxis in MD5 with excellent results (Vectras / Mercs ) - OK not the wing mirrors and with a few joins in the bumpers / grille area but overall surprisingly good results. Not as quick to install as proper wrap material though.

** If a customer wants to have a budget 'cut recess' wrap then certain van models wrap very well with MD5A, not all models but Vivaros, Transits, Bippers and a few more have nothing that cant be easily covered - not bumpers etc. but most are black ABS and aren't wrapped anyway. We don't push it over wraps with the proper stuff but occasionally allows us to retain a job if the customers budget is tight.

Not sure where you are located but our regional rep, Tim Dawson, is very helpful.

Not the cheapest but the quality and service means its one less thing we have to worry about!

Cheers
Macky
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

thanks dan its 2503 and the 5700 range i use but only in the smaller 800 610 sizes no problems to report.
for 1370 wide flat panel use using arlon 4560gt price good too. laminate not quite as glossy as it could be
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Been using MD5 for the last 7/8 years and never had a problem with it.
I have just started using the air release vinyl and can't fault it.
Service is always spot on.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Same here, switched to:
MD3A for all internal and short term external.
MD5A for external signs and vehicle graphics that are not put under too much stress!
I haven't switched to MD7 yet as we're still using our stock of ImagePerfect cast vinyl which I hasten to add we haven't had any problems with.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 am

I don't print but use almost exclusively M7 vinyl unless require cast or a specific colour from another range.
Always pleasant & helpful on the phone. Fast delivery, prices OK.
I often order short lengths of 1 or 2 meters for small jobs and always the cut length is more than what was ordered sometimes even double the length.
so all in all a nice vinyl to work with and a good service.
Frost Range is good too, as is chalkboard vinyl.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 am

Stuart Miller wrote:I don't print but use almost exclusively M7 vinyl unless require cast or a specific colour from another range.
Always pleasant & helpful on the phone. Fast delivery, prices OK.
I often order short lengths of 1 or 2 meters for small jobs and always the cut length is more than what was ordered sometimes even double the length.
so all in all a nice vinyl to work with and a good service.
Frost Range is good too, as is chalkboard vin :D :D yl.

I agree in my short time in this industry my main line vinyl has been Metamark M7 and very happy with it.

Return to Vinyl