cheers george

ordered should be delivered tomorrow

derek :D
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO Derek NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've been through 2 of these, slip cluch, they wear out, start squealing and add a lot of undue tension on the rolls as they die due to the cluch not actually working very well.

Also for long prints through the night you have to tighten it up (again adding more tension) so that when the roll gets heavier it still turns otherwise a pile of print on the floor usually stuck together :cry:

I've now got one from Grafityp (Thanks again Nigel :wink: ) and it's only about £400 and has a dancer bar, so when it drops below a certain point it turns a few times to take up the slack and continues until the print stops and then it just sits there unlike the slip cluch which keeps ................. slipping
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Warren Beard wrote:NOOOOOOOOOO Derek NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've been through 2 of these, slip cluch, they wear out, start squealing and add a lot of undue tension on the rolls as they die due to the cluch not actually working very well.

Also for long prints through the night you have to tighten it up (again adding more tension) so that when the roll gets heavier it still turns otherwise a pile of print on the floor usually stuck together :cry:

I've now got one from Grafityp (Thanks again Nigel :wink: ) and it's only about £400 and has a dancer bar, so when it drops below a certain point it turns a few times to take up the slack and continues until the print stops and then it just sits there unlike the slip cluch which keeps ................. slipping
:cry: :cry:
will see what it looks like
i might be lucky and have no problems like george
have you a link to the one nigel sorted for you

and ime sitting here waiting for print to hit the floor so it doesnt bunch up so i can go home
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 pm

sorry not a great picture but it's all I have, don't think it's on the website. Give Nigel a call at Grafityp.

I would return the other one, honestly.
Attachments
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (9.11 KiB) Viewed 3719 times
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 am

I'm looking for a take up too.
I think I'll take your advice Warren and go for one of these if you recommend it.
I guess they'll work on a Mutoh.
I'll give Nigel a call.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Take-Up-for-R ... 3de&_uhb=1

I was given this one as part of a package with printmax when I bought the Versacamm....
Its been great and not burnt out or anything...even when it got left on under pressure all night by accident...!

Cheryl

ooooooooo just realised that is the same one as Warren hates....
FAIL
:-?
I hope not
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 am

:pray:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 am

Dex, i can only speak from my experience with the one I bought, I have had it for 2 years and never had a problem BUT as it says on the tin if you have a bad experience with it dont blame me :-? Warren I have been in the sign making business for 20 years and would not recommend something that I did not think was fit for purpose

nuff said

happy christmas and a prosperous new year :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am

George Elsmore wrote:Dex, i can only speak from my experience with the one I bought, I have had it for 2 years and never had a problem BUT as it says on the tin if you have a bad experience with it dont blame me :-? Warren I have been in the sign making business for 20 years and would not recommend something that I did not think was fit for purpose

nuff said

happy christmas and a prosperous new year :D

cheers g

derek
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I've been through 2 in 2.5 years, maybe just unlucky as there seem to be plenty of these out there, I still think the one I suggested works better and that's from experience of having both so that trumps your 20 years :tongue:

Reasons why;

Vinyl under constant tension and on jobs left overnight the tension remains on wearing out the clutch and constant strain on your pinch rollers.

Also I had a lot more problems with banding when using it especially when the clutch started going and the tension would keep changing. Also if I attached the print while it was printing a solid area it would leave a band as you're essentially giving the vinyl a pull causing a band in the print.

As the clutch wore out it would drop black filings from the clutch.

removing the core from the take up meant undoing the grub screws and moving the flange over and then re-tightening when you put it back and they never fitted nice and tight either.

The one I suggested eliminates all the above issues.

.... and I've only got 6 years in the industry :cry:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

well heres the update
the unit never arrived courier didnt find me they lost it so
went elswhere and found a genuine roland one
through a frendly engineer who was in the right place at the right time
:D

absolutely mint it sitshalfway to floor and only takes up a few inches at a time so the roll is always loose happy days
in fact i have nearly a full unit spare if anyone interested it need power supply £50 from maplins and end reels for basic set up and magic eye for automatic

derek
Attachments
IMG_5825.jpg
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am

Warren Beard wrote:I've been through 2 in 2.5 years, maybe just unlucky as there seem to be plenty of these out there, I still think the one I suggested works better and that's from experience of having both so that trumps your 20 years :tongue:

Reasons why;

Vinyl under constant tension and on jobs left overnight the tension remains on wearing out the clutch and constant strain on your pinch rollers.

Also I had a lot more problems with banding when using it especially when the clutch started going and the tension would keep changing. Also if I attached the print while it was printing a solid area it would leave a band as you're essentially giving the vinyl a pull causing a band in the print.

removing the core from the take up meant undoing the grub screws and moving the flange over and then re-tightening when you put it back and they never fitted nice and tight either.

After having 3 of the clutch type over the last 3/4 years I bought 2 of these earlier this week, initial impressions are wow what a difference. In my opinion much better than the clutch type and would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for the heads up Warren much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Gary Birch wrote:
Warren Beard wrote:I've been through 2 in 2.5 years, maybe just unlucky as there seem to be plenty of these out there, I still think the one I suggested works better and that's from experience of having both so that trumps your 20 years :tongue:

Reasons why;

After having 3 of the clutch type over the last 3/4 years I bought 2 of these earlier this week, initial impressions are wow what a difference. In my opinion much better than the clutch type and would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for the heads up Warren much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Glad I could help :P

Return to Roland Printers