my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

views on LED illuminated sign needed?

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

views on LED illuminated sign needed?

Hi. We have been asked today to supply some 10mm clear perspex to be fitted in a new restaurant. The electrician will supply strip, colour change, LEDs to run along the top edge to 'flood' the panel with light.

My question....is it as simple as that ?

Can we supply standard clear Perspex and flood coat the rear (they may what a logo printed on the reverse as well) or is there more to this ?

Thanks
John
<<

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

lots of variables to take into consideration. ide say your main one is how bright/quality of LED's used. the depth/drop these LED's have to illuminate.
you then have, how dark is the prints etc a strip of LED's along the top only... :roll: i doubt will work. obviously im just guessing and doing this blind, but still.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks Rob.

Just rang Applelec for a price on LED light panels which would be best if customer budget allows.

Still would like to know if anybody has achieved similar just with an LED strip though.

John
<<

Technical Advice
Technical Advice

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Edge lighting?

Hi, I have had a quick look at your enquiry to all. It actually sounds like an edgelit kit required. As with any LEDs the light will only travel so far so the size of panel is very important. The graphics can also make a vast difference as dark colours absorb the light. Often people get asked to engrave into the panel which can be very effective.

Another factor is the location of the sign, if for example is in a room full of spot lights this may also not help with the general illumination of the sign or with a fluorescent lamp above also.

Hope this helps in someway.

Sam

Return to Neon, LED, Lighting