• TIMELINE

Hi there from the Highlands

<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi there from the Highlands

Hi folks,
Well been here fore a good few months now and finding the group a really interesting place to be - including the toolbar for quick reference to suppliers etc - all good stuff Robert!
A quick background profile: old time signwriter (paint and brush) boards, vehicles, anything you could paint on :) since late 70s. Then got into perspex fascias and all sorts of plastics/aluminium work. Added engraving services brass, bronze, aluminium, traffolyte, switch panels, schemas etc. CNC vinyl graphics. We also did some POS stuff - basically anything the local market asked for. Sold the sign business back in the 90s. Since then I have a Garden Timber products business and we produce carved hardwood signs and brass plaques (often for benches) etc.

That's about it I guess - HELLO! :)
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Neil

thanks for the hello, for loading your profile picture and welcome to the boards mate, great to have you here!
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Welcome from the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania.
Love....Jill
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 pm

welcome to the boards neil :D

nik
<<

Neil Davey

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Neil, welcome to the boards from another 'ol timer'.

Neil
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum Neil.
<<

Duncan Wilkie

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:25 am

Welcome Neil. You have a wealth of experience. I started painting signs in the early '70. I would love to sit down with you and compare notes. Please continue reading and posting here on the boards.
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the generous welcomes, guys.

As I mentioned I've been around this board for quite a while now but just never got around to introducing myself. Should have done it ages ago as your welcomes make me feel part of the bunch now :)

Just for the record: I've joined loads of on-line forums/boards on various subjects over the years but I tend to drift away from them. I think that's fairly common no matter the quality and volume of info on them - it's just part of life that you get distracted long enough to forget about them. However the main anchor here for me was/is the Sign Toolbar - specifically the 'Discussions' button! [well done Robert!]. For me it's an ideal tool that I can check with one click (no hunting down websites!) the latest discussions in the industry or folk looking for help etc. etc. I've also been surprised to see so many folk offer free advice, from experience often hard fought to gain, to fellow posters - not something we would have found too common pre-Internet days. I know most of what I've learned over the years has come to me through the school of hard knocks. So it's a credit to the group (mostly regulars) that this culture exists in a world where increasingly it's 'dog eat dog'. I've always been very glad to join in and offer any advice I think will help somebody else progress. So that's another reason that kept me coming back. Sometimes (certainly in my case) we don't know what we know - we don't realise the value of our experience until somebody else asks a question.

Well done Robert and the regulars for creating and maintaining such a generous support resource!
BTW Happy New Year to one and all <clink> :D
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:39 am

Jill Marie Welsh wrote:Welcome from the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania.
Love....Jill

Jill - I'd love to visit the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania but unfortunately I'm located in Scotland - across the pond - so I'm afraid it'll have to be another day... I live in hope :)
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:43 am

Robert Lambie wrote:Hi Neil

thanks for the hello, for loading your profile picture and welcome to the boards mate, great to have you here!

Robert - thanks for the welcome. It's a great resource you have here. With a bit of luck I'll be able to add to the support and no doubt learn quite a bit myself. Cheers <clink>
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:44 am

Nicola McIntosh wrote:welcome to the boards neil :D

nik

Hi Nicola - many thanks for the welcome.
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 am

Neil Davey wrote:Hi Neil, welcome to the boards from another 'ol timer'.

Neil

Hi Neil - thanks for the welcome fellow 'ol timer'. I've noticed you around here over the last few months - great to see the old brush hands. Cheers <clink>
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 am

Martin wrote:Welcome to the forum Neil.

Martin - many thanks for the welcome.
<<

NeilRoss

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 am

Duncan Wilkie wrote:Welcome Neil. You have a wealth of experience. I started painting signs in the early '70. I would love to sit down with you and compare notes. Please continue reading and posting here on the boards.

Duncan - thanks for the welcome. Another 'ol timer'! :) Yes I'd like to sit down with you too but as I'm in Scotland, across the pond, it would need to be a fairly lengthy bench! :) I've been over your way once - shame we didn't bump into one-another! :) Good to meet you here though - cheers <clink>
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:10 am

NeilRoss wrote:Thanks for the generous welcomes, guys.

As I mentioned I've been around this board for quite a while now but just never got around to introducing myself. Should have done it ages ago as your welcomes make me feel part of the bunch now :)

Just for the record: I've joined loads of on-line forums/boards on various subjects over the years but I tend to drift away from them. I think that's fairly common no matter the quality and volume of info on them - it's just part of life that you get distracted long enough to forget about them. However the main anchor here for me was/is the Sign Toolbar - specifically the 'Discussions' button! [well done Robert!]. For me it's an ideal tool that I can check with one click (no hunting down websites!) the latest discussions in the industry or folk looking for help etc. etc. I've also been surprised to see so many folk offer free advice, from experience often hard fought to gain, to fellow posters - not something we would have found too common pre-Internet days. I know most of what I've learned over the years has come to me through the school of hard knocks. So it's a credit to the group (mostly regulars) that this culture exists in a world where increasingly it's 'dog eat dog'. I've always been very glad to join in and offer any advice I think will help somebody else progress. So that's another reason that kept me coming back. Sometimes (certainly in my case) we don't know what we know - we don't realise the value of our experience until somebody else asks a question.

Well done Robert and the regulars for creating and maintaining such a generous support resource!
BTW Happy New Year to one and all <clink> :D

Neil your comments, views and feedback are very much appreciated mate, all of which i always fully take on board, thank you! I am glad you like the idea of the toolbar and a it has served its intended purpose.

cheers neil...
<<

Phill Fenton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi Neil and Welcome to the UKSB :D
<<

Graham Shand

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:09 am

Hi there Neil, hello and welcome, I am sure you will enjoy Signboards