my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Printing Issues

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Printing Issues

Okay, so I have my SP-750C all set up now, the connection error was because i was trying to extend the USB too far. I have done a few test prints but it seems not all of the colours are working - it looks like magenta and yellow are not working.

The print is also very streaky. I gave the heads a quick clean, but they looked like they hadnt had a clean for a very, very long time!

Any advice would be grateful, sorry for all the threads but im new to printing.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:21 pm

heres a pic of the print - it should be a full colour union jack but as you can see its only blue/black.

i also did a test print and only blue and black come out, but 1 or 2 red as well...
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Have you tried giving it a powerful clean?

Cheers

Gary
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

how do you mean powerful clean? excuse my ignorance but i know very little about these machines.

thanks
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 am

Not sure about your actual machine but on most printers of this type you will have a menu for the cleaning cycle. You have the option to select something like " Little" , "Normal", and "Powerful", from one of the selectable menus on the control panel.
Have you got a manual for it because it should explain the cleaning options & how to select them in there.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am

As Martin says, go into menu - head cleaning - powerful and then enter. If the machine has been moved recently it may have air trapped, a powerful clean not only cleans the heads but purges the pipes too. You may need to do more than 1 but you should see a difference after 1.

Things like this make you appreciate buying from a reputable company who can give you backup.

Cheers

Gary
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 pm

done 6 or 7 powerful cleans - cyan and black is perfect, but still no sign of magenta or yellow.

i would love to buy a brand new machine but as i am only 22 and just left uni...this was all i could afford.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Thats a lot of ink wasted over 200cc if 7 powerful cleans, i'd check capping station seeing as it is the same head and giving it a head soak may help. being a cadet is it running elite ink?
Could be the pump especially if it hasn't had the new type fitted.

Steve
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 am

Was this printer running when you purchased it or had it been sitting for a while unused? As Steve has said try having a good look at the head cap for the Magenta/yellow head for signs of damage and try giving the head a soak.

Worse case scenario would be you looking at a new head and possibly head cap.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 am

usual cause of a duff head no matter how many cleans you do is a capping station that's not sealing right (can't create a vacuum to pull ink through)...they cost next to nothing and always worth holding a spare in stock.

do note that with the OLD pump the capping stations are independently 'sucked', with the newer model...if one doesn't seal then the vacuum is lost to both.

It might be a bit of a fuss to find out - but swap the caps round (takes 20mins) to see if that is the issue. Watch out for the springs popping out!

Dave
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Rather than using powercleans and wasting the black and cyan it might be worth attaching a syringe and seeing if you can pull ink through? There should be a barbed connector between the pipe coming from the yellow/magenta capping station and the pump. Open that joint and attach the syringe to the pipe leading to the capping. Just gently draw back and see if you get any ink. If you do then you prove that you can get ink through the line and that the capping station is sealing.

worth a go

Adie :D

Return to Uniform Printers