my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

advice on application tape dispenser type machine?

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:03 pm

advice on application tape dispenser type machine?

Does anyone use an application tape dispenser type machine?
I am thinking of buying one at or after sign UK but I am not sure just how good they are. Are there many suppliers doing this type of equipment & what is the average cost for a 24” wide one?
I work alone and if they do the job right, it would be a big help.
Also. Those of you that make them are they as good or is it better to buy in the long run? :roll:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:53 pm

SALLY!
:roll:
Don't tell me you never saw my demo on building a little application tape machine!
It works great, costs nothing and if want to save a few bob, don't go mad at the glitzy salesmanshow.....sorry signshow!
https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=4591
cheers
joe
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:00 pm

Sally
i made my own tape dispenser, which holds the tape approx 6 inches from the table top and is tensioned to keep the tape taught. This allows you to stretch the tape over the vinyl and fasten to worktop and then flatten back along its length. I have not used the off the shelf units but they look to keep the tape at a lower angle and not keep it tensioned so could take a bit of getting use to.

i work on my own and could not do some of the tape up jobs i do without a unit so any type of unit could maybe give you a helping hand. i checked out a unit for you in the Doro Tape (01858 431642)book and they sell theres for £51.00 which will accept all rolls up to 610mm

Hope this helps

Kev
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:00 pm

I got mine from signmaster. It also doubles as a vinyl holder for a cutter. Price about £40 ish.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:02 pm

If you're working off a bench, you can use a 2 1/2 foot portable clothes rail. Its adjustable up and down and you can move it round the bench as you need it. Cheap, cheerful and it works for me every day of the week :D

Cheers, Dewi
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:06 am

tape dipenser

tried the link Joe, but i've got no pictures ..Rob??

Darryl
<<

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:27 am

daryl i have sorted what i think is your problem mate but ill have to check your account also.
hope its fine now mate but ill get back to you once i check it properly. :wink:
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:38 am

APP TAPE

No, thats not made any difference Rob, I have seen the pictures, when they were first posted!!
darryl
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:56 am

Hoots lambie Mon!
Wots happened to me pictures.
I canna do nae demos if me pics keep vanishing.
Joe
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:48 pm

sally i bought the same one as becky! :lol:
well worth the money!! had a look at joe & Dewi's homemaders, had a think about it, but we women like everything to work everytime!! don't get me wrong joe and Dewi's machines look fab and they must work!! but na, just bought one!! (no offence joe & Dewi great to see you both try something different)!!

Nik
<<

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: your pics are there mate :wink: .. i just clicked the link. i dont know whats up with daryls account as everything seems to be in order. :-? the only time someone should not be able to see images is if they havent logged in.. :o
ill dig deeper for a problem daryl.. let me know mate if its sorted. :wink:

oh and joe.. ill call you sometime soon mate.. are you going to sign uk joe?
i think we should go back to my hotel for a party! (hot) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:01 pm

Nik I cant understand why you would want to buy one when you can make one for next to nothing, I had made a tape holder similar to the one joe put the demo on the boards about, It will hold any width application tape upto full width and has 3 rails so I can keep tapes of different widths on it at the same time, secured to the end of the bench with a couple of quick release clamps so if I need to take it off the bench it only takes a second. I've been using it for a couple of years now, maybe longer and never had any problems.
If you have loads of spare cash burning a hole in your pocket Sally then go out and buy one, if like me you havent why not make one.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:06 pm

yes i know martin! but i'm one of those folk that like everything to look good and work!! and i don't have the time even at weekends!! in the past i was the first to knock something up quick! or change brushes in the semi-automatic printing machine!! do anything that would save money, but that was when i had big overheads, a big contract and lots of staff!!

life is just peachy now!! :P :P

nik
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:16 pm

If you dont have the time Nicky thats fine, you are better off buying one if your time could be spent more productivly. As for looking good and working, I think my dispencer does look good and it certainly works, and it has helped me to get work. I have had potential customers comment on how clever it is, which gives me the idea platform to let them know that I am a problem solver which helps to put there mind at ease about any job they might want me to do.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:33 pm

wow!! sorry martin did not mean for that to sound rude!! :oops: :oops:

i'm not saying the home made ones look horrible quite the contrary!! (i think it's terrific your doing it, i just wish i still can, if i had the time)
i don't have a bad bone in my body, to be vindictive!! you have picked me up wrong!!

nik
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:50 am

Actually Nicky I think you have picked me up wrong, I wasn't trying to say you were being rude or vindictive at all, I've read enough of your posts to know you better than that.
Sometimes when you write it sounds alright to you but someone else reads it a different way and I think this is what has happened here.
At the time when I made the dispenser I wasn't exactly rushed off my feet with work, if I had been I might have been tempted to buy one as well if I felt I could earn more money in the time it took to make (no actually I wouldn't have I've been living in Scotland to long and I've become a real skin flint).
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:04 am

thank you martin!! apologies :oops:

i totally agree with your comments!! :lol: :lol:
nik
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:46 am

thanks everyone for giving me your advice. i think i will have to buy one. i am not good with tools & like nikola, i prefer it made for me. :wink: all nice'n'new :P

Return to General Sign Topics