my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Roll storage system

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Roll storage system

Just wanted to recommend the clustarack, we got one today.... after I knocked all our media over on Friday. All the rolls slotted on perfectly and are incredibly stable now - like weebles for those of you that remember them!

Theres a pic here;

I'm probably a few years late but I'm so impressed with it I thought I might share. Its £149 on the manufacturers website but Amari are doing them for £120 at the moment, I dont know how :o I've got a second one coming to put our laminates on tomorrow.

My next trick is to build a narrower version of Phils mobile sheet store, again I've had sheets slide across the floor once too often!
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 pm

weebles wobble but they don't fall down! :wink: yep, i remember :lol1:

ive saw these at sign uk andy.. great idea, but i wasnt keen on the price tag, not saying its not worth it, just that the wall rack option is so much cheaper and using wall racks makes for easy viewing of storage and picking.
the downside of the floor rack that i could see... was when you have a full rack of 54inch rolls and want the ones in the middle out. :-?
<<

Phill Fenton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 pm

I prefer the wall racks Rob designed - after all, if they're good enough for John, they're good enough for the rest of us :-?
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 pm

I like the wall racks too but the only wall near the printer that hasnt got equipment in the way is the back of some shelving so wouldnt hold the weight of the rolls etc.

I see what you're saying about the middle rolls but I've stacked it so the regularly used stuff is at the front, going back to the lesser used stuff. I dont mind lifting a couple out to get to the back ones - in my opinion its better than having the mess we had on Friday! I was just really lucky that the 50m roll of banner missed the machine completely!

Andy
<<

DavidRogers

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 am

https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.p ... light=rack

'Dave's Clusterack'

Price...free or thereabouts...
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:09 am

We had our rolls on those too at one point, but the centre "spline" is only about 2" max the metalwork on the clustaracks is about 8"

Andy
<<

John Childs

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 am

I looked at those (or something similar) at SignUK. They looked like good bits of kit, but I thought that they were a lot of money for what they are.

We went with Dave's Clustarack in the end, although ours only hold half a dozen rolls in a single line. We don't use them for long term storage but we have one next to the printer and one next to the laminator for work in progress.

Very funny Phill. :P
<<

Derek Heron

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 am

cheap one.
soup or bean tins screwed to wooden base with penny washers
the tins fit vinyl tubes nicely

derek :D
<<

Dermot Howard

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:16 am

I'd use Dave's one and for the long talked about new workshop I am thinking of a double sided one on castor's. House is being plastered now so i can start consternating on the workshop, floor is going in this weekend.

Return to General Sign Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group