Categories
  • TIMELINE

Roland CX500 Help Please

<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Roland CX500 Help Please

Hi all,

I'm on the verge of pulling all my hair out now so this is my first line of trying to get help.

I have just purchased a Roland CX500 from a UKSB member, i did see it working fine through Signlab before i brought it back with me.

I have been running Flexisign 7.5 and also using Illustrator CS on my previous machine. I generally do all my work from my laptop which is run by Vista. I have downloaded all the Roland Vista drivers for the CX500 and Cutstudio add on for Illustrator but i really can not get them to work at all.

I've even tried adding the correct drivers on my descktop which runs XP. On there i have Illustrator 10 and also Flexisign 7.5 but yet again i cant get them to work.

The closest i get to the machine working is through Illustrator CS when i got to print the machine cutter moves slightly but nothing else.

I am using USB connection and always have done on my machines. The gut i purchased the machine from was also using USB.

Ive checked all the settings and they seem to be correct.

Like i say I've seen it working so i must be doing something wrong.

If anyone has any advice at all it would be gratefully appreciated or if it is better for me to call Roland should i do this?

Hope to get this sorted as work is waiting to be done... my spare machine is packed up to be posted as it is sold i really don't want to unpack it ll :cry:

Thanks

Gareth
<<

Tim Painter

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Gareth

I would first try and install the drivers and cut direct from Illustrator.

You will have to set the lines to a certain width.

I cut direct from Corel and set to 0.01.

Let me know how you get on?

Tim.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. I have spoke to the Tech guys at Roland and they seemed to be a little confused aswell to why it wont work.

They are sending me two Cd's with Cut Studio and something called Dr Stika and they have advised me to do it on my desktop PC using XP and not my laptop and Vista.

Hopefully when i get these on Thursday i will get it sorted. Very frustrating but im sure i will get there.

When you say setting lines to certain widths i don't really understand what you mean im afraid. I do now have the manuals so will have a read through.

Thanks again its appreciated, will let yo know how it goes.

Gareth
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Tim,

Just to let you know the Cd's havn't arrived yet but FINALLY i have managed somehow to get it all working fine through Flexisign on my desktop and Illustrator on my Laptop. Took me a good few hours to understand how to set the page up properly in Illustrator but i got there in the end.

Thanks again

Gareth.
<<

Craig.Tiley

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi
Just to let you know i had exactly the same problem but i binned the USB cable and i went for a serial cable and it worked immediately! i guess flexi just doesn't like USB i know this is not so easy though using a laptop. but im 100 percent that if you use a serial cable instead on your desktop computer it will work!!
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 pm

HI Craig,

I think im going to have to try that after lastnights success tonight nothing will work again... yet again tried everything and it just wont have it... No idea how that has happened. Got big backlog of work now... buggggga.

Fingers crossed big time when i get the CD's tomorrow.
<<

Craig.Tiley

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Good luck!
let us know how you get on! :cool:
<<

Dave Bruce

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Gareth,

Sorry to see you are having teething trouble getting the communication right , there is nothing worse. When you get there though it will be well worth the trouble.

Sorry I can't offer any constructive help, but I am missing my Roland :(

Cheers

Dave
PS the vinyl will still be here for a couple of weeks yet.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:34 am

Hi Dave,

No worries mate its not your fault at all. I received the CD's from Roland and i managed to get hold of a parallel to serial lead but it still wouldn't work. In the end tonight it started working again through XP, Flexisign and the USB lead.

Got all the back log cut so its a start :)

When it does cut it is mint and im very happy with it, i know exactly how you feel when i sold my last printer cutter.. you do grow attached to them in a strange kind of way haha. Its all about just getting to know it, like tonight i found out i have to roll out what i will be cutting in length cause twice i didn't on 2m jobs and when it pulls hard on the roll it stopped with an error... wasted a few metres but hey ho im getting there.

Defo interested in the vinyl so will have a chat with you soon about that.

Hi Craig... got all the correct leads but no better off so i think the next think is update the desktop i will admit its 6 years old and Roland have advised XP pro not Home so see what happens.. at the mo it is working again fine fingers crossed.

Crackin bit of kit though from Dave.

Cheers lads

Return to Roland Cutters