my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Best way to cut vinyl logs/rolls in half

<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Posts: 126

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Best way to cut vinyl logs/rolls in half

I have some 1220 rolls I need to neatly cut in half, any of you guys done this before, is there a cheap machine available

all views appreciated
<<

User avatar

3 Star Contributor

Posts: 242

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:00 am





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Rolls are cut down with a slitter, round flat blade.

You can use a pull down bench saw.

Make sure the roll is tight, use application tape to wrap the roll up tight.

Also use a fine tooth circular blade.

It won't be perfect but will do the trick.

DON'T do this with rolls of application tape

Regards

Vic
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Posts: 126

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 pm

how do I cut the app tape?, I need to do that as well
<<

User avatar

3 Star Contributor

Posts: 242

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:00 am





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Gordon get the supplier to slit this when ordering.

If application tape is not cut properly you will have nothing but problems pulling it out, it would just keep ripping.

Vic
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 3855

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:22 pm

gordon the best way ive found to do this is to place the roll between two bucking broncos ...then whip them and thell pull untill its broken ....ive been doing this for years and i have to say ive had no problems ...occasionally thell run thru washing lines and cause havoc with the neighbors ..but hey why do i care ive got my vinyl in half aint i

Regards Brian
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 3855

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Vic wrote:Gordon get the supplier to slit this when ordering.

If application tape is not cut properly you will have nothing but problems pulling it out, it would just keep ripping.

Vic




hmmm i find victory tape does this without any help :-?
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Posts: 126

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks for you help guys, I have found a company to professionally slit it for me for £5 a log.

I know you can get it done at UK vinyl suppliers, but this is coming in direct from europe so they will not do it.

client is supplying me with a 100 logs 1220 wide
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 2591

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:21 pm





Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Brian Little wrote:
Vic wrote:Gordon get the supplier to slit this when ordering.

If application tape is not cut properly you will have nothing but problems pulling it out, it would just keep ripping.

Vic




hmmm i find victory tape does this without any help :-?


Strange that Brian I have had the same issue and won't get it from them now.

Gary
<<

User avatar

5 Star Contributor

Posts: 3855

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Gary Birch wrote:
Brian Little wrote:
Vic wrote:Gordon get the supplier to slit this when ordering.

If application tape is not cut properly you will have nothing but problems pulling it out, it would just keep ripping.

Vic




hmmm i find victory tape does this without any help :-?


Strange that Brian I have had the same issue and won't get it from them now.



yip gary it seems to tear at the side of the roll which screws up the application which is every thing as you know if its not put on right then theres problems

Gary

Return to Vinyl



Who is online

Registered users:
No registered users

 

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

 

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group
Site Membership
Advertising
Videos
ISA-UK

 

 

Who is Online

In total there are 42 users online ::
2 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests
[based on past 5 minutes]

Most users ever online was
370 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Registered users:
No registered users

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Robert Lambie