my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Roland Academy

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Roland Academy

We purchased a new Versacamm a few months ago and part of the deal was to attend the Roland Academy for 2 days, I would assume some kind of introductory/update course. Although it is FOC I am wondering if it is worth 2 days off work, expenses and 8 hours driving, Could anybody give their opinion/experience. Regards Kev T
Last edited by Kevin Talbot on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Kev, Roland take care of the Hotel / food and drink , all you have to do is get there , it is an intermediate course to help you get the most out of your printer, if you are already very competent then maybe you dont need to go but give them a call and see whats covered before making your mind up would be my advice.

Good luck.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:57 pm

When I went on the wrapping course I had to pay for my own accommodation (albeit a cheap rate when I showed them my Roland paperwork), food and drink - maybe I missed something!? (?)
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 am

MMmmm how long ago , maybe its a new thing or just applicable if you buy a machine from Europoint ?

Our customers definately dont have to pay anything.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Just my 2c's Kev, but I'd say any course that is over 2 days, and all expenses paid is worth going to. A 2 day break is a small price to pay when you have the opportunity to have things explained by the manufacturers. They show you 1st hand the right and wrong ways to do things.

Nothing is free here unfortunately. You put your hand in your pocket for most things in terms of training. Roland didn't offer me any training when I purchased my machine(s) it was left up to the installer to give me a quick run through before he left. :-?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Just returned from the course and I have to say it was very worthwhile going, really informative and extremely well run. Roland really looked after us and we met some really nice people. Highly Recommended.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Kev T wrote:Just returned from the course and I have to say it was very worthwhile going, really informative and extremely well run. Roland really looked after us and we met some really nice people. Highly Recommended.

it is a good course, I just found at the back end of the second day I started to get brain ache :cry: ..... worth the trip though
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:14 am

Every knowledge you get is worthy. If you think you know everything you are wrong. At least you can ask questions you have because men who come from Roland are really experts. I can tell that for Roland Italy where we went to course.
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 am

Kev T wrote:Just returned from the course and I have to say it was very worthwhile going, really informative and extremely well run. Roland really looked after us and we met some really nice people. Highly Recommended.

Hi Kev were you the kevin there on wednesday/thursday this week where i did day one and Marc J did day 2? if so nice to meet you and i hope you found it some use.

Mark Elvidge.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Yes that was me, thanks very much I now have a much greater understanding of the VersaCamm

Return to Roland Printers

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group