Categories
  • TIMELINE

Business Identity Theft Insurance

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Business Identity Theft Insurance

Hi all

Just opened up a new business account with Alliance & Leicester. Having received all the new bumpf through the post etc I had to phone them up and activate new cards.

Had some nice chap who took my details with no problem. Whilst he was waiting for the activation to complete he suggested we go through the set up of their business identity theft cover.........

As said man was running through this I just happened to ask a silly question like... "excuse me a moment, but is there a charge for this?". as none had been mentioned or even hinted at before hand.

"Oh yes Sir, £89.00 per year". He seemed quite upset when I told him to stop right there and place said application where the sun don't shine. Apparently, without this cover I am going, without any shadow of a doubt, be taken to the cleaners by fraudsters who will steal my details and take out millions in loans and credit!

Bloody good luck to them if they can, cause I haven't had a lot of joy!!

:D

Is it just me who gets right narked about these little add ons that you are expected to purchase or am I just getting old and miserable? :evil:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm

You are getting old and miserable :lol1:

I had MBNA offer the same for £5+/Month and you get free access to Experian. I got all the figures thrown at me too, when I declined.

Cheers

Dave
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:02 pm

My wife has a business account with Alliance and Leicester and gets at least one call per week trying to sell her something. If I happen to answer the phone they are left in no doubts about my opinion of them.

I've said it before - beware of building societies pretending to be banks.

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat