Vinyl Choice for roland printer on ecosol max inks

<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Vinyl Choice for roland printer on ecosol max inks

hi all

please can you post the vinyl you like most and for what reason
I have tried a few and have many different findings and would like to know the media you like best.
thanks Rich
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Avery i like i have used Metamark before and synajet but Hi-5 to Avery My profiles work better Ink doesn't sit on top very nice finish to the print. Colours look super love it wont change it!!!!
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Only ever used Hexis wg350, It works what more can I say, got a sample of MD5 with the versacamm, but there was NO glue on it, realy!
Never had a problem with Hexis stuff
Ian
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 am

done the rounds rich and its a pain aint it.

3M 40 series after about 15 mts use has not let me down.
also most of the image perfect products seem to be excellent.

chris
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 am

Hi Rich - seem to be doing the same as you at the moment ! Strange coincidence after both owning the same PC60 that we've ended up in the same place with printers.

I've tried a few others, but stuck with the MD-5 - I did find that printing on its own profile didnt give great results though, so use the generic vinyl setting and that gives good colours. I print everything at the highest quality settings, uni-direction.

99% of my work is printing directly from vectors, so I dont really do much with JPEG printing and need good solid colours.

Have also messed about with the settings in Versaworks and found that using the max density setting is good for large blocks of one colour, although it does use quite a lot more ink.

Never had any problems with the lack of glue on the back ???
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:42 am

Hi Rich

I too have tried all sorts of vinyls. Used MD5 for a while but got a rogue roll which kind of put me off.

LG - I didn`t find to be brilliant

I then tried Oracal 3551 which prints great.

As I`m sure the rest of you do I have reps from all angles trying to sell me digital media. I have had some samples of the Neschen 7 year polymeric which prints ok too. Haven`t had a chance to apply any by hand yet but am saving the rest until I do. This I am told is sub £120 for 1370mm. Has anyone else tried Neschen vinyl and is it any good??

Also had the Metamark rep in and he is offering a MDi 5-7 year calendered vinyl at lower prices still. Has anyone used this vinyl?

It really is a minefield and I too would appreciate anyone elses findings

Cheers

Gary
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:47 am

Ian re wg350 hexis

I really like the backing on this vinyl and prints well. Is it just me but its like the medias are profile only on standard setting, if you are to use high speed things start to go wrong, any help with that one thanks rich
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 am

hi rich
i have a cadet plus running eco-sol max inks
i am currently using the range from vinyl logistics
they do a full range of vinyls from economy to premium the premium is marked neshen and banner materials etc with no problems just using std profiles in signlab
although i have just updated to version 10 and the profile choice is now huge.so if anybody is in the same boat and would like to share
i have used the gloss and matt vinyls and the canvass also the clear
if you speak to Richard on 01636 613222 sure he will send you a sample brochure and answer any questions.
they also do a bulk ink system which they are keen for me to run with their vinyls has any body done this with them and can advise as i am quite happy with the eco-sol max inks
Derek
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am

thanks mate just dropped them a line
rich
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:56 pm

We have found that 3M IJ40 is the best all rounder for us for fitting and print quality, also MD5 is gives a good print quality.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Rich,
Since I've had my VersaCamm I've tried Metamark, Image Perfect, Dtec, LG, and currently Oracle 3551. If I'm absolutely honest, I don't think there is a great deal of difference between them.
I use the Signlab profiles. Most of the jobs I print are solid colour or those created in SL rather than photographs, I do a repeat print label which has been run on most of the material and because I always print 'overs' I can look at all the different materials.
I did print a set of colour swatches on a couple of different makes and I couldn't tell the difference, might be my eyes!
For me the differences are that some cut and weed better and some have a grey semi light block grey back, and of course the price.

Steve
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Guys,

You will find in the very near future there will be a list of products including vinyls / canvas / lightstop / poster paper etc that have all been profiled by Roland and will have a "Roland care" guarantee , this should put any uncertainties to bed.

Regards
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm

just to add. I have been using mactac 5929pm and I have had some great results
thanks rich
and thanks for the tip about the roland care
thanks rich
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 am

I would very much like to be kept informed about roland care.

Avery mpi2000 at the minute. Prints as is on the screen although I have issues with grey being green but other than that I'm happy.

Gavin

Return to Vinyl