my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

does anyone know of an engineer in the Southampton/Hampshire

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:07 pm

does anyone know of an engineer in the Southampton/Hampshire

Hello, We have I believe a mechanical problem with our summa D610 plotter, does anyone know of an engineer in the Southampton/Hampshire/South East area. Cheers Gav n Lee
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:21 pm

whats the problem with it ? if it's electronic then get the engineer, if it's mechanical it might be a common easy fix.
Hugh
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Hello Hugh, Thanks for the reply, it could be either mechanical or electrical, If you were to cut the word "the" for example the blade lifts off the vinyl after every stroke and change of turn of the letter, where before it would only leave the vinyl for the change of letter or to cut the centre of the e. Cheers Gav n Lee
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Could it be cutting in tangential mode?
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:10 pm

Paul Munford wrote:Could it be cutting in tangential mode?

either that, which i've never done with mine, (summacut d60) or could it be in pounce mode? ie it litterally does hundreds of small cuts, perforating rather than cutting ?

mine went onto that somehow once, i think i changed it in the menu, i'm sure someone with more experience with the cutter can help. as i say, mine is a d60, (610wide), so the prog may be different, but i'll dig it out and have a look if you can't fix it.

i think that the suma website had pdf manuals on it, www.summa.de i think.

Hugh
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks Hugh, Dont think it is in pounce mode we have looked in the setup but can't find a pounce mode. Is there another term for the "tangential mode".

As per usual you leave the plotter fine one night and you come in the next morning and it was doing this!! The fairys may have come in and changed our settings!!

I will have a look at the summa website for the manuals. It is a really old plotter but it has been a good work horse!! better than the plastic plotters that are available now!

Cheers once again Hugh,
gavin'n'lee
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:53 pm

no probs, i can't remember how i got it of of pounce, probably just switched off and on again (i used to be a service engineer - not cutters-, and we fixed many things this way!).

pounce makes it cut little holes, tangential means it lifts at the corners, my summa doesn't have this facility (to my knowledge) as the blade needs to be in a fixed position, the head then rotates to change the angle of the blade. i'm guessing you have a drag knife (rotates in it's holder), if the machine has somehow gone to tangential mode, it will lift at the end of every straight cut.

wierd!!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:36 am

Hello Again,

You're right paul it must be cutting in tangential mode!! Does anyone have a clue how to take it out of tangential mode? I have read the manuals on line but there is no mention "tangential" is there another term for this?

Gavin'n'Lee
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:44 am

Did you get the ' Summa Cutter Control' programme with your plotter (if not I think it is downloadable from the Summa site) this enables changing all settings from your computer rather than scrolling through menus, this will probably be easier to pin point any odd settings.
Alan D
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Thanks for that Alan, We did find a tangential setting on the summa cutter controls, that not on the plotter!! Cheers Hugh and Alan!!
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:49 pm

well done Alan! i did have a look briefly on my menu which didn't show it, i didn't check the cutter control cos the laptop was in the house, not the workshop!

Return to Summa Cutters