my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

can anyone help get Mimak -fnecut7-Vista to work correctly?

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:29 pm

can anyone help get Mimak -fnecut7-Vista to work correctly?

Evening all, pretty much as the title says,
Have a Vista PC (New - but plotted before?)
Finecut 7 Plugin for Illustrator CS3
Mimaki CG60SR

The plotter is recognised in Illustrator, the driver is up to date and comp w/ Vista.

When i goto plot>It attempts to plot, feeds the vinyl and then an error pops up to say
"An Unexpected Error Occured"
Anybody seen this problem before? Know the solution? It's really affecting my drinking time.... :(
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:39 pm

When you say it has plotted before I assume you mean running vista.
First thing I would do is make sure the driver is not corrupt in any way. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 pm

martin wrote:When you say it has plotted before I assume you mean running vista.
First thing I would do is make sure the driver is not corrupt in any way. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Yes, i did mean using dreaded Vista.
I have downloaded the latest Finecut & Drivers, reinstalled etc etc.
Driving me potty.....more so. (?)
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:01 pm

its an issue that they are still working out. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS2 works fine. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS3 has issues. FineCut 7 on XP with CS3 works fine. thats the problems they are trying to sort out. I am sure its going to come down to some silly DLL problem. I remember the same problem happened when XP came out and Mimaki started to have problems with Onyx CUT Server.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:22 pm

George Kern wrote:its an issue that they are still working out. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS2 works fine. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS3 has issues. FineCut 7 on XP with CS3 works fine. thats the problems they are trying to sort out. I am sure its going to come down to some silly DLL problem. I remember the same problem happened when XP came out and Mimaki started to have problems with Onyx CUT Server.

Damn - It might of been CS2 i was using it with, as i have just upgraded to CS3.
Back to XP then.... :-?
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:23 pm

George Kern wrote:its an issue that they are still working out. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS2 works fine. FineCut 7 on Vista with CS3 has issues. FineCut 7 on XP with CS3 works fine. thats the problems they are trying to sort out. I am sure its going to come down to some silly DLL problem. I remember the same problem happened when XP came out and Mimaki started to have problems with Onyx CUT Server.

Sorry, just re-read. "who" is working it out, Mimaki??
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 pm

I would stick with XP for the time being anyway. Wait until vista version 3 to allow Microsoft to sort out some of the bugs. Personally I don't think vista is anything to write home about but thats obviously only my opinion.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:48 pm

Definitely stick to XP for the time being especially with all the new versions of software being released at the moment. Upgrading production equipment should be done with caution and should be tested before jumping into. Vista is still mess when it comes to sorting out bugs especially in proprietary software programs such as Flexi, Signlab, FineCut etc...they are not Adobe so fixes are going to come at a slower rate...unfortunately.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:14 pm

martin wrote:I would stick with XP for the time being anyway. Wait until vista version 3 to allow Microsoft to sort out some of the bugs. Personally I don't think vista is anything to write home about but thats obviously only my opinion.

I would have to agree massively here, Vista is appalling. Unfortunately,
I have just spent £3k on a machine which came with Vista. It won't accept XP, with me doing it anyway, and as for Dell support, well, i'll use the term "Vista". Say no more.... :roll:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:24 pm

If you have only just bought it I would take it back and tell them that as it stands it is of no use to you as none of the programs you use for your business are compatible with vista and you would either like a refund or XP installed on it so you can use it.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:44 am

Yep, it looks like FineCut 7 only goes up to CS2.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:45 am

Jamie Wood wrote:Yep, it looks like FineCut 7 only goes up to CS2.

Jamie, how did you find out that info?? OR where!! (-)
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:17 am

If you look here:-

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/downloa ... v71win.php

under application condition header, it only goes up to CS2.

Cheers,
Jamie.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:31 am

Jamie Wood wrote:If you look here:-

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/downloa ... v71win.php

under application condition header, it only goes up to CS2.

Cheers,
Jamie.

So it does - I was reading the text a bit lower - Windows Vista - That was the key for me...... (>)
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:35 pm

We have FineCut running in CS3 on our testing computer but its under XP as stated previously. It will not work at all for us with Vista and CS3
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:27 pm

Afraid I wouldn't know Finecut if it bit me on the backside - but I have had compatibility problems with other software having ended up with a Vista machine after the theft of my laptop.

You can change the programme to be compatible as if it were an XP machine by going to the explore menu, and finding the executable file. Right click, then click the compatibility tab, and click to make compatible with XP service pack 2. Would warn that seems to work with some programmes but not others - not sure if you will be lucky. Even if you can get it to work, there are still sometimes other quirks that may become apparent.

Not sure if any help, but worth a try I guess.

Martin
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Just an update. Finecut w CS3 & Vista are working in perfect harmony. No idea why, so it's still useless to anyone else requiring the same ifnfo. I assume an update somewhere has sorted it out from either Adobe's side or Windows??
Don't know how, all i know is it's working :)
:D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 pm

hi market drayton

microsoft do a virtual operating system for vista which runs xp within vista if you get what i mean. they made this because of all the hardware and software which wont run on vista. im told it is free from their website, this may help your problem.

steve
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Steve McAdie wrote:hi market drayton

microsoft do a virtual operating system for vista which runs xp within vista if you get what i mean. they made this because of all the hardware and software which wont run on vista. im told it is free from their website, this may help your problem.

steve

Hi Steve, it started off not working whatsoever, but recently it's become friends so to speak with no input from me!

That's a relief though as no end of people i talk to hate vista....for the reason mentioned with peripherals.
I'll check it out,
Cheers,
Craig
<<

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Hello Guys
I'm a very wet behind the ears, newbie to this cutter plotter game, more used to photography and dye sublimation. However, I use Vista Ultimate on a home built computer (with bags of grunt), CS3 and finecut, and have had no problems (YET!!).
Best wishes
Phil

Return to Mimaki Cutters