Categories
  • TIMELINE

Advice needed on a messy situation

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:55 pm

Advice needed on a messy situation

Hi all,

I recently ordered an illuminated box, made up and installed by the same company (let's call them company X). The whole sign looked gorgeous in the workshop. But what happens during the installation on Thursday night?

The panels have 2 joins, and the one on the right has a gap that you can squeeze a 1p coin into. This, to me, is unacceptable workmanship.

I paid a 25% deposit for the sign...luckily, I took a 50% deposit from the client, along with a 30% mark up. I've asked company X to sort the whole mess out...they've said, "when we get around to it". But now I've got my client asking ME when the matter will be resolved. This is my first sizeable job with X, and for them to screw up like this...well, suffice to say I'm hunting around for another supplier.

Anyway, should/could I give my client a 5% discount (which I suspect he'd like!) for swallowing the bad workmanship, and then deduct 5% from X's bill, or even 10% for my grief?

Thanks in advance guys,

JayBee.

Ps, X doesn't post here. He can barely use the internet!
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:11 pm

Easy

When X has finished doing his job then X will get Paid X amount minus the 5% discount you have given your customer

I wouldent think about the matter twice especially when x has told you he will get round to it or tell X you will sort it and send him the bill for XXX amount then tell X to go and F off and he will see y u r XXXXX with him
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:33 pm

Thanks for the replies mate!

I think I'll just take the rest of the money from my client, minus 10%, and let X take his sweet time.

Either way, I won't be out of pocket, before or after I settle my bill with X. Phew, now I can go off and watch the Sopranos with a clear conscience!

Cheers again,

JB.

Return to General Sign Topics