uksignboards.com uksignboards.com
created by sign makers for sign makers

Last 24 HoursLast 24 Hours Board RulesBoard Rules FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the boards :
  Advanced Search 
Search wikisignpeda :

Canvas printing HP designjet 5000ps bad quality images

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Schofield
UKSB Newbie

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Canvas printing HP designjet 5000ps bad quality images Reply with quote

Hi,

This is my first post on the uk sign boards, i have just bought the basics to start print on canvas and wrapping to a canvas frame, i have a HP design jet 5000ps and the quality of the image when printed is dull and blurry, iam using good images and not adjusting the size too much i have messed around with the setting hue/sat etc. but still nothing that i would hand to a paying customer...

my printer is dye based and the canvas is correct for the ink.

oh iam also lacquering the canvas after, the result is better but not good enough.

any suggestions would be great

also have i bought a good printer? its all i could afford at the time.

thanks sam
David Rowland
UKSG Member
UKSG Member

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did it come with a RIP?
Sam Schofield
UKSB Newbie

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP?
Martin Pearson
UKSG Member
UKSG Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, best to pop into the hello forum, introduce yourself and tell people a little about yourself. You will find you will get a much better response to questions.

Can't help to much with the printer, sorry don't print myself but sure someone will be able to give you a better answer.
You may need to give a bit more detail as the problem could be down to something like the inks you are using, some inks give a much better colour and vibrancy than others depending on the manufacturer. Not always down to the ink costs.
People will also probably ask you what RIP you are using as this will make a difference. Profiles need to be matched to the ink and media you are using, playing with ink values is something you should probably leave alone unless you understand how they work.

Also the laminate you are using can make a big difference, what are you using at the moment ?? Spray, roll on, gloss satin or matt, which manufacturer.

More detail you give people generally the better the answers. Is the machine worth it ?? Sorry don't know and you probably should have asked before laying out the cash for it. Personally I wouldn't buy a machine just because it was all I could afford, I would rather keep saving until I had enough for a machine that I knew would be up to the job.
Sam Schofield
UKSB Newbie

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply martin, i posted on the board as you said.

i will attempt to teach my self about RIPs, so i have a basic understanding first. also the printer i have is great for my day to day job, but i was asking if it is good on canvas, has anyone had any experience?
cheers
Martin Pearson
UKSG Member
UKSG Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it you are using the printer for at the moment Sam ?? How do you print the stuff that you are already doing on it ?? Just asking because if you are already using the printer then depending on what software you use then you may already have a RIP if your not printing direct from windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    %s Forum Index -> HP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: