uksignboards.com uksignboards.com
created by sign makers for sign makers

Last 24 HoursLast 24 Hours Board RulesBoard Rules FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the boards :
  Advanced Search 
Search wikisignpeda :

Cut from Corel draw software?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Carey
Silver Member
Silver Member

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Cut from Corel draw software? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is software that can allow me to cut direct from corel draw?, if not what is my best and most economic solution?
I am currently using Signblazer elements, but it does not import very well!

BC
Tim Painter
UKSB High Post Member
UKSB High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what cutter?
Alan Drury
UKSB High Post Member
UKSB High Post Member

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different cutters have their own utilities (usually free) or you can get a paid for one which will probably drive all cutters. If you have a Chinese effort of a cutter you may have problems. There is a cut utility however which will drive virtually everything available at macromonster. Not free though.
Alan D
Brian Carey
Silver Member
Silver Member

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Alan i have a chinese effort of a Cutter! P Cut CTN 630
Alan Drury
UKSB High Post Member
UKSB High Post Member

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not have a free solution if Signblazer or Artcut is not doing the job. Signlab has drivers I'm sure and probably flexi and CoCut as well. www.macromonster.com has Ecut which is relatively low cost option but all will involve some cost. Ecut probably the cheapest.
Alan D
David-Foster-
UKSB Addict
UKSB Addict

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signtools all the way for me with CorelDraw. It's $349 Aus which is just over 200 I think. It has drivers with it for even the remotest chinese plotter. www.signtools4.com
Alistair Richards
UKSB Regular
UKSB Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

I use SignBlazer Pro and Corel X4. Why not import into Corel, and then export as level one postscript file, then import to blazer.

I'm currently facing what may be a similar problem to yours? My main program that I've always used is Signblazer which I think is a great program and often better at doing the job than corel, although the display is far better in corel. I have a graphtec and can cut direct from corel using cutting master, but to be honest, it's a pain in the ar*e, so I tend to use both programs and switch between, mainly cutting out of blazer. I'm currently considering switching to a new dedicated package as I'm worried about future proofing work if I carry on using Signblazer for much longer. I'm considering vinyl master pro, as demo seems to work well, couldn't really get on with signlab much.
Brian Carey
Silver Member
Silver Member

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alistair,

Im new at this game, so gettin fairly confused with all this importing and exporting, i have started off using a trial version of signblazer which came with my cutter, its fine but does not like importing or exporting! i heard on the boards that this is a problem with this package.
Basically all i want is a simple package that will import and and cut when i hit the cut key, i would also like to be able to email customers a proof of job before commencing. I cant do that either!

I see a verion of vinylmaster USA on that well known auction site for 150 euro
is that the version you mentioned? something like that might suit me, Corel looks abit high tech for what i need! im open to suggestions!

regards
BC
Chris Windebank
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the time being if you want to email a proof print the document to PDF so there is no need to export.
I use cute PDF and once installed you choose it from the print command not save

Hope that made some sense!
Alistair Richards
UKSB Regular
UKSB Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

Importing/Exporting is gonna be an issue at some point with whatever package you have, it's just a learning curve to know how best to work around the issues. I used to find signblazer tempermental to importing certain files, but using corel, and sometimes illustrator to save files in different versions, then makes it possible to import with no extra hassle. I also do the same as chris, and have downloaded a pdf print driver.

i find Signblazer is a good easy to use, basic sign package, so stick with it.

If interested though try either the signlab demo, or the vinyl master demo, both downloadable for free.

Hope this helps

Ali
Graeme Harrold
UKSG Member
UKSG Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not cut direct from Corel???? Im doing so with a Jag print driver, however you may be able to use a generic HPGL driver??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    %s Forum Index -> Pcut All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: